Cyber Security | Seers Articles
Cyber Security is the process of protection and recovery networks, devices and programs from any cyber attack. These catastrophic threats attack and affect the working of the organizations, employees, the consumers. They are designed to destroy critical data or extort money. Their power pack impact can create destruction all over, including business and damage people’s financial and personal lives.
But what about the defense? One must build a robust security system. Why so? Because a profound security system has countless layers of protection wide-spread across computers, networks, and programs. A well-built cybersecurity system depends on cyber defense technology and also on individuals making smart cyber defense choices.
Good Tidings..! No specialization in Cybersecurity is necessitated in order to understand and comply with cyber defense tactics. Accurate guidance plays a significant role in creating awareness about Cybersecurity. Because explicit guidelines will help you to defend yourself from cyber threats, it could help you recognize and avoid threats before they’re able to infiltrate your network or device.
Infringements in numbers
This section is designed to give you an idea about the growing numbers of data breaches. Here, the noteworthy thing is the numbers and severity both are escalating side by side.
- The Australian Cyber Security Agency has confirmed the attempt of cyber-attack on Melbourne Heart Group. Australian Police and Cyber Security Agency are jointly running this investigation. They stated that medical files of more than 15,000 patients from a specialist cardiology unit are prone to attack. Breach data
- Bank of Valletta performs almost half of the banking transactions in Malta. Hackers broke into the transaction system and transferred funds worth 13 million euros to the banks in the UK, US, Czech Republic, and Hong Kong. Bank of Valletta
- Parenting site Mumsnet itself reported a data breach to the Uk’s data protection authority after they made an upgrade in their systems. They said that different accounts got mixed when they logged in at the same time; almost 46 users were breached. Parenting site Mumsnet
- MH370 flight, traveling from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, disappeared on 8 March 2014, while 239 people were on board. The cyberattack happened with the right tools, and knowledge about Boeing 777 can move to the cockpit and hack the system. MH370 flight
- The Dark Overlord claimed that it had stolen files. In a tweet, it claimed that the data consists of more than 18,000 confidential documents after that Twitter has suspended their account. The Dark Overlord
- Question and Answer website Quora has been hacked, and the names and email addresses of more than 100 million users are compromised. Quora data Breach included encrypted passwords and questions people had asked. Quora data Breach
- Personal data of more than 500 million people including credit card details, passport numbers, and date of birth has been hacked in a “colossal” hack of Marriott International, including the parent companies. Marriott International
- Google is accused of violating European Data Protection Law (GDPR) by a group of seven consumer organisation. Google accusation
- The ICO has announced that Uber’s European operations have been fined for £385,000 for an incident that happened in November 2016, where attackers hacked the cloud servers and downloaded 16 large files containing data of almost 3 million British users, and 3.7 million users worldwide. Uber’s European operations
- The latest quarterly data breach report from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) has revealed over 10 million individuals had their information compromised in one single incident. The current population of Australia is around 25.4 million. Australian Information Commissioner
- The Turkish government’s watchdog, Personal Data Protection Authority (KVKK), recently fined Facebook a total of 1.65 million Lire ($270,976.01) in April 2019, for failing to protect its users’ personal information. Turkish government’s watchdog
How much Data Breach Costs to whom
There is a dramatic enlargement of disbursement on cybercrimes. This brings an alarming situation for the companies who are yet not complied with Cybersecurity because huge costs and fine are awaiting them.
- According to the Internet Business Machine’s (IBM) 2018 the average amount of a data breach has reached up to $3.86 million. As compared to 2017 study, it has increased 6.4 per cent. Hence, Renub Research experts spoke about the global vulnerability assessment market. They predicted that the cost would reach $15 billion by 2024.
- Cybercrime has devastating effects. To put it into some perspective, it costs businesses around £30 billion every year, and this figure is rising. Essential tip
- Wendy’s Co. a fast-food giant agrees that it will pay $50 million to settle the claim of a data breach by a group of financial institutions which affected hundreds of its chain of franchises between 2015 and 2016. Wendy’s Co.
- The parent company of Cambridge Analytica, SCL Elections Ltd is fined £15,000 because it failed to hand over the data of US citizens. SCL Elections
- The oath has agreed to pay a fine of $5 million for violating the federal privacy law that prohibits to track children online for advertisements without parental consent. violating federal privacy law
- Duke Energy was fined $10 million by the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) for security violations between 2015 and 2018 regarding critical infrastructure assets, multiple news organizations reported last week. Duke Energy
- Touchstone Medical Imaging has agreed to pay a $3 million fine to the Office for Civil Rights (OCR) to settle potential Health Insurance Portability and Accountability (HIPAA) rule violations stemming from a large breach exposing patient’s health information. Touchstone Medical
- The North American Electric Reliability Corp. has imposed a $10 million fine — its largest ever for cybersecurity violations — on an unnamed power company identified in news reports as Duke Energy Corp. cybersecurity violations
- The website of Australian online retailer Princess Polly has been breached, the company says in a statement, adding that customers’ personal information and payment details may have leaked to the attackers. Australian online retailer
- Flipboard hit by user data breach, Hackers accessed the company’s internal systems for more than nine months. Flipboard
- A former customer service advisor at Stockport Homes has been prosecuted for accessing records relating to anti-social behaviour without authorisation. former customer service advisor
- A Restorative Justice Caseworker has been prosecuted for sending sensitive personal data to her own personal email account without authorisation. Restorative Justice Caseworker
The factuality of Cybersecurity
Having a hold on the general landscape of metrics on cybersecurity issues is a hard nut to crack. Identifying the bracket and where it came from is indeed a complex and a time-consuming task.
- A survey conducted by 501 IT decision-makers claimed that almost 48 percent of small and medium-sized businesses could face or have faced a cyber threat once in their lifetime which could halt their business and possibly they can lose their partners as they may lose their suppliers. Survey of IT decision makers
- According to the latest study by Ponemon Institute, the average cost of the data breach is 2.95 million euros, with an average price per lost or stolen record is $148 which is 113 euros. Ponemon Institute
- The report says the revenue of global cybersecurity will reach US$87.59 bn in 2012, which started to rise from US$ 30.91 Bn in 2016. The market is estimated to expand at an impressive CAGR of 12.5% from 2017 to 2025.
- Main political parties from Australia struck by a cyberattack from a “sophisticated state actor”. Especially when there is a little time in elections. It is said that just ten days after their computer networks became subject to a “malicious intent”. Now, they are forcing the government to order an investigation to make a strategy for Cybersecurity. political parties from Australia
- Accenture said that there could be a loss of $5.2tr over the next five years, to the companies worldwide due to Cyber Risk. This amount in total is the size of the combined economies of Spain, Italy, and France. Accenture
- Several German politicians, including Angela Merkel’s personal details, is stolen and published. The impact of damage caused by the cyberattack is not yet calculated, although it was a severe attack. German politicians
- There was a suspected malware attack which affected the publication of several newspapers across the US. Affected are those publications which are printed at Tribune Publishing plants. suspected malware attacks
- Republican leaders released a report regarding the Equifax data breach on Monday, listing a series of Cybersecurity risks and failures that preceded in 2017 where data of over 140 million Americans were compromised. Republican leaders
- Self-styled “hacktivist” researchers revealed a huge data breach with hints for many major hotel chains around the globe. major hotel chains
- Checkers Drive-In Restaurants has brought another data breach news that affects some of its customers at 102 Checkers and Rally’s locations. Checkers Drive-In Restaurants
- Superior Style Home Improvements Ltd issued with monetary penalty notice after making unsolicited marketing calls to individuals registered with the TPS to try and generate UPVC installation leads. Superior Style Home with the cyber security included
Tags: nist cybersecurity framework, cybersecurity, cybersecurity news, cybersecurity certificate, what is cybersecurity, cybersecurity training, cybersecurity courses, wgu cybersecurity, cybersecurity and infrastructure security agency, cybersecurity definition, ironnet cybersecurity, cybersecurity awareness month, cybersecurity stocks, cybersecurity threats, cybersecurity law, cybersecurity tools, cybersecurity masters, cybersecurity for beginers, cybersecurity or cyber security, cybersecurity programs, define cybersecurity, cybersecurity statistics, best cybersecurity certifications, cybersecurity trends, free cybersecurity training, cybersecurity solutions, cybersecurity games, cybersecurity policy, cybersecurity for dummies, cybersecurity startups, cybersecurity 101, national cybersecurity center, cybersecurity ventures, cybersecurity insurance, cybersecurity attack, cybersecurity tips, cybersecurity healthcare, cybersecurity issues, cybersecurity risks, cybersecurity podcast, cybersecurity breaches, cybersecurity basics, cybersecurity assessment toolkit, information cybersecurity or cyber security, cybersecurity lawyer, cybersecurity standards, cybersecurity fundamental, is cybersecurity one word, why is cybersecurity important