This Law applies to any processing operation carried out by a natural person or a legal entity of public or private law, irrespective of the mean, the country in which its headquarter is located or the country where the data are located, provided that:
- the processing operation is carried out in the national territory;
- the purpose of the processing activity is to offer or provide goods or services or the processing of data of individuals located in the national territory; or
- the personal data being processed were collected in the national territory.
- Data collected in the national territory are considered to be those whose data subject is in the national territory at the time of collection.
- Data processing as provided in Item IV of the lead sentence of Art. 4 of this Law is exempted from the provisions of Item I of this article.