General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has now totally changed how companies collect and process their data. GDPR employees training gives awareness to your employees to know all about privacy laws and their importance.
Indubitably, GDPR outlines the due regulations for data processing, but it is essential to have thorough knowledge to ensure compliance.
This knowledge can come from GDPR training and lectures. It is of chief importance for companies to have GDPR awareness training for their employees to confirm compliance.
In this article, Seers will tell you about the reason, tips and benefits of GDPR training. And also how you can get GDPR training for your employees. But first, why GDPR is necessary.
Why Is GDPR Training For Employees Necessary?
Under both GDPR-UK and GDPR EU, GDPR training for employees is mandated. As the Information Commissioner states
“you have a legal responsibility to identify that an individual has made a request to you and handle it accordingly. Therefore you may need to consider which of your staff who regularly interact with individuals may need specific training to identify a request.”
So it is mandated under ICO’s regulations to arrange GDPR training for employees in the UK. Also, in GDPR-EU the Articles 70, 39, and 47 highlight the need for GDPR training for employees.
To escape fines and litigations, proper GDPR training for employees is also necessary as non-compliance can result in a fine of 18 million pounds or 4% global turnover. Why risk your image and profits when you can train your staff online with Seers GDPR staff training. Sign up and start for free.
GDPR AWARENESS TRAINING FOR EMPLOYEES:
Compliance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requires that your employees understand risks, rules, and rights related to data as non-compliance can result in a heavy fine of £18 million.
Why lose your revenue to GDPR fines? Get your employees certified GDPR training online. Sign up and start for free
The topics primarily involved in GDPR awareness training for employees are:
- Classification of Data
- Rights of Data Subjects
- Instant Response in case of Data Breach
Benefits Of GDPR Training:
The benefits of GDPR training are :
It is now a legal requirement to show that your staff is GDPR trained. With proper GDPR training, you cannot only learn but have a certificate that can be accounted as proper documentation, which you can show to relevant authorities to build and trust and prove your efficiency.
Get UK’s no 1 GDPR training for employees. Sign in and start for free
Data Subject Access Rights:
Data Subject Access Rights is the essential aspect of GDPR defined in Article 15.
These rights usually are first met by the staff on the customer end. So proper GDPR awareness training will make them able to understand data subject requests.
Reduced Human Errors:
Research has found that 90% of cyber insurance claims could be because of human errors ( Willis Towers Watson). These stats reflect that there is a high chance of human error, especially if employees are untrained.
A programme of GDPR Awareness training for employees can significantly aid in reducing human error.
GDPR training for employees can help create general awareness about the requirements of GDPR, rights, obligations, punishments and fines in case of non-compliance.
Don’t risk fines. Train your staff online with Seers online GDPR training.
have the best GDPR training procedures.
Tips For Employees GDPR TRAINING:
Seers have prepared a list of tips that you can consider for your GDPR training of employees.
Consider Your Requirements:
Here it is crucial for you as an employer to first assess your requirements. Furthermore, you can tailor your GDPR training program based on the size of your organisation.
Small organisations will have to arrange GDPR training based on their resources as they cannot afford dozen or more employees out on training at the same time.
Seers is offering GDPR online training for employees whether you are a small or big organisation. So why risk it. Sign up and start for free.
Set Your Goals:
You need measurable goals; otherwise, your GDPR training is of no use.
It is good if you set short-term goals. For example, you can take a look at what sort of threats you face and plan accordingly.
For instance, knowing that your employees cannot respond appropriately to data subject requests can help you define your goal for training drills.
GDPR training of employees is a detailed and ongoing process.
This means they should always be equipped to embrace new changes in every field, from data security to handling, to stay compliant with GDPR.
The engagement of your staff in this process of GDPR training is very important.
It is essential for the effectiveness of the GDPR training that you engage your staff in various ways.
For instance, visual aids and videos can be of great use.However, online training is considered best because of interactivity like Seers GDPR training, where in just 45 minutes you can train your employees. Sign up and start for free.
Instead of focusing on theory, move toward practicality.
For instance, give your employees a dummy task of email marketing and see how they handle it under the rules of GDPR.
Patience Is The Key:
Yes, patience is the key, which means you should not expect drastic changes overnight.
Continuous training will bring improvement gradually with time. Because here you are talking about changing your employee’s habits.
SEERS Online GDPR Training For Employees:
Also, there are different types of GDPR training materials for employees, like ultimate GDPR training guides to GDPR for schools and GDPR for accountants etc.So train your employees in 45 minutes with UK’s no 1 GDPR online training. Sign up and start for free.
Undoubtedly, your employees are your biggest asset, and giving your staff GDPR training is the best investment you can make because GDPR trained employees can save you from a heavy fine of £18 million and public shame.
And when you can start for free with Seers, then why are you risking fines.
Seers Online GDPR Training Course
Our GDPR Staff eTraining solution is an online, interactive, modular-based training course that enables organisations to train their staff under the GDPR and get certified.
Seers Online GDPR Training will teach your employees about personal and sensitive data, why they need to be protected, and how to comply with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Our GDPR training comprises four basic modules. These modules are:
What’s covered in the GDPR training?
This GDPR employee training course covers the most current data protection standards, including:
- Introduction to data protection and the GDPR.
- Introduction of personal data, identifying personal data, and highlighting the increased risk attached to the specific category of personal data.
- Examples of personal data and best practices for securing it.
- How to identify and report a personal data breach.
- Details on some of the GDPR’s most critical regulatory requirements.
Why choose Seers online GDPR Staff e-Training?
Seers’ approach assists businesses in meeting the legal, regulatory, and ethical requirements for protecting personal data with modern technology. This strategy enables organisations to adopt appropriate security controls and respect individuals’ right to data privacy.
The online GDPR training by Seers provides an introduction to the GDPR privacy requirements, enhancing an organisation’s capacity to comply with various worldwide privacy requirements reliably and efficiently. It is efficient in the following ways:
- Train your staff on GDPR – over 500 organisations have used our platform to train their employees. We’ve trained over 5000+ professionals and saved 50,000+ organisations from hefty fines.
- Industry specialists create our staff GDPR training, so you can rest assured that the material is accurate and up to date.
- Guaranteed results – track progress and generate audit reports upon completion.
- Payment flexibility with number of members.
- Fast and efficient, approximate duration: 45 minutes
- On completion, the certificate is provided on the same day.
Aim of the Seers GDPR Training
- Learn the purpose of the UK and EU GDPR.
- Explain what information is governed by the GDPR.
- Possess the expertise essential to implement GDPR-compliant processes.
- Learn what is expected of businesses in terms of data security.
- Understand the rights of Data Subjects under the GDPR.
The online evaluation is conducted after completing the GDPR training content. There will be multiple-choice questions with 80% passing marks. The answers are graded automatically, so you will know immediately if you passed or failed. On successful completion of the course, you will receive the certificate. If you fail, don’t worry! You can retake the test as often as necessary at no additional cost.
Criteria For Staff Assessment
Conduct GDPR Training For your Employees (and avoid headaches or hefty fines)
Research indicates that 85% of data security incidents include employees, so GDPR is more than a box-checking exercise; training your staff’s data protection responsibilities could be crucial to achieving compliance.
GDPR training is sometimes at the bottom of the to-do list, but when the penalties for non-compliance are so severe, it is essential to make the required efforts to ensure that all of your employees understand their obligations.
The GDPR Staff eTraining solution is an online, interactive, modular-based training course that enables companies to train their staff on GDPR compliance.
Undoubtedly, The GDPR’s legal obligations have made this training necessary for all organizations. This 45-minute solution allows you to easily teach your workers remotely and includes a test and certification.
What could be the consequence of not conducting proper GDPR Staff eTraining?
Two critical issues are associated with a lack of GDPR training for employees.
- Firstly, There is a risk that personal data will not be processed according to the requirements of GDPR. If employees do not receive adequate training in line with their position within the organization, this could result in litigation, fines, and more issues. The training is a requirement of the national data protection legislation, and failing to comply can result in regulatory action and reputational harm to the organization.
- Secondly, many organizations forget that their employees are their duty. If legal carelessness or employee negligence, the organization’s liability will be shared and cannot be put or transferred to employees. As a result, it is crucial that the firm takes care of its employees and ensures that they can perform their roles and responsibilities under the law.
How to conduct a GDPR Training for my staff?
Digital learning is the most effective method for managing this. Digital learning solutions are:
- Firstly, A no-brainer for reducing administrative costs.
- Secondly, Enabling self-paced learning for information-heavy topics.
- Thirdly, Conveniently deploying and tracking continuing introduction and refresher training.
To train your staff with Seers online GDPR training course, simply:
- Sign in to your account.
2. Select the GDPR Staff Training solution to begin.
3. Select the ‘train your staff’ option.
4. Click on the Add New button to invite your staff for training and click Save.
5. You can check the invited user’s status, score, and certificates here. You can also resent the invitation by clicking on the Resend button.
6. An invitation will be sent to the person invited. Click on the provided URL in the email.
7. Then your employee needs to provide the required details to start the training.
After the registration your staff member can start his/her training.
In a nutshell, under the GDPR law, every member of your organization’s personnel who handles personal data must receive comprehensive data privacy and protection training. Also, you must demonstrate that your employees have been trained and understand the fundamentals of Data Protection and GDPR.
Thus, you can train your employees online. It only takes 45 minutes to demonstrate that your personnel are aware of their responsibilities and that your firm is compliant.
The GDPR training certificate marks the completion of the course. Consequently, ensure that your organisation is compliant immediately by utilising the GDPR Staff eTraining Solution.
Who should take GDPR Training?
This GDPR course is appropriate for anyone responsible for ensuring GDPR compliance inside their organization. GDPR training is for all services inside and outside the UK and EU that use or store personal data.
So, this training focuses exclusively on GDPR requirements. Our Data Protection course may be a perfect choice if you’re seeking a more comprehensive grasp of the Data Protection Act, including the GDPR.
Why is GDPR training for staff important?
- Shows Your business is GDPR compliant
According to the GDPR, you must be able to demonstrate your compliance with the law. Employee GDPR training is the most convenient way to demonstrate compliance.
- Avoid hefty fines and penalties
Also, Online GDPR training informs users on the consequences of a data breach and motivates employees to protect the personal data they handle.
- Build up and strengthen your defences
Moreover, Investing in expensive technology won’t help if your employees aren’t processing data appropriately.
- Empower your staff
Also, employees should receive data protection training to learn about their duties, apply best practices, and actively comply with the regulation.
- Instil awareness
Additionally, with this annual license, refresh staff understanding as part of a continuous staff awareness program.
- Demonstrate your employee’s knowledge
Lastly, with online GDPR training, your staff can demonstrate their GDPR and data protection knowledge.